Whats new for April
[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.0.90″ border_color_all=”rgba(51,24,24,0.53)” custom_padding=”0px|0px|4px|0px”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.90″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.90″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_video src=”https://youtu.be/pZw0X7ORu3Y” _builder_version=”3.0.90″][/et_pb_video][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.90″ text_font=”||||||||” header_font=”||||||||”]
April Workout Game Plan
For the month of April our muscle group pairings will be shoulders/chest and back/legs. By switching up the muscle group pairings from month to month, we allow ourselves to avoid complacency and plateauing, hence why the first week of each month leaves us so sore! We also place an emphasis on conditioning ourselves to utilize the same amount of weight under longer periods of tension, which will result in quicker we will see our overall ability to increase weight from month to month! Last month we increased the amount of time spent on each muscle group to 2 consecutive stations per group for two of our resistance workouts during the month. This month, we will go back to one muscle group at a time in hopes that the additional time under tension from the previous month will allow us to go heavier this month!
New April Workout Additions!
At Team Afterburn, we are constantly striving to keep the routines fun and fresh by adding new exercises each month! Some of them will be altogether new to our members, while a few will be twists on some of our old favorites! Adding new exercises allows us to add to our extensive library of workout options which means not only do we keep things unique and fresh, but we are able to maximize our workout potential instead of getting caught up in the same thing month in and month out! Let’s take a look at the newest addition for April:
- Single Arm Dumbbell Incline Chest Press with Low Hold (alternating)
- Another “hold” exercise! We are truly stepping up the game in challenging our members to give everything they’ve got, each and every workout! In traditional incline press form, you will hold one dumbbell low, above the chest, while the other extends upwards. Once you bring the upright arm back down, you then alternate and that arms holds low while the other arm extends upwards. You continuously alternate in this pattern for the duration of the set.
- Lying RIP60 Leg Curl
- If you thought leg curls on the stability balls were tough, wait until you get your feet in the RIP60’s! The movement on this exercise is very similar to the stability ball leg curls, however you will not be able to rest your glutes on the ground this time and avoid the hamstring work! This one will put your legs to the test!
- Squat Hold, Alternating Reverse Lunge
- While holding a deep squat, you will alternate bringing one leg back at a time into a reverse lunch. Before switching legs, you will always come back to the squat hold and then lunge back with the opposite leg. Once again, this exercise takes it up another level and hits several areas of both legs on the same station!
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_button button_url=”http://www.teamafterburn.com/contacts/” button_text=”6 weeks for $75″ _builder_version=”3.0.90″ button_alignment=”center” custom_button=”on” button_font=”||||||||” button_bg_color=”#e09900″ button_text_color=”#ffffff” button_border_color=”rgba(0,0,0,0)” button_border_width=”2px” button_text_size=”29px” button_border_radius=”100px”][/et_pb_button][et_pb_button _builder_version=”3.0.90″][/et_pb_button][et_pb_button _builder_version=”3.0.90″ custom_button=”on” button_font=”||||||||” button_bg_color=”#e09900″ button_text_color=”#f9f9f9″][/et_pb_button][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ fullwidth=”on” _builder_version=”3.0.90″ custom_padding=”0px|0px|0px|0px”][et_pb_fullwidth_post_title _builder_version=”3.0.90″][/et_pb_fullwidth_post_title][/et_pb_section]