New May Workout Additions!
At Team Afterburn, we are constantly striving to keep the routines fun and fresh by adding new exercises each month! Some of them will be altogether new to our members, while a few will be twists on some of our old favorites! Adding new exercises allows us to add to our extensive library of workout options which means not only do we keep things unique and fresh, but we are able to maximize our workout potential instead of getting caught up in the same thing month in and month out! Let’s take a look at the newest addition for May:
- Goblet/Double Kettlebell Reverse Lunge Step Up
- This exercise combines some of our favorite exercises into one! Holding the kettlebell in a goblet hold, or two kettlebells down at your sides, you will perform a reverse lunge in front of a box, and then when bringing your leg back forward, you will step up onto the box and perform a step up. This exercise will effectively work both legs, regardless of which you are stepping back with!
- Stability Ball Pass
- This one will test your core strength and your coordination! You will be essentially performing v-ups and passing a stability back and forth from your legs to your hands! You will make the exchange at the peak position, when your core is working its hardest!
- Stability Ball Mountain Climbers
- If mountain climbers weren’t already fun enough, these will be a blast! You will perform wide leg mountain climbers while holding yourself up on a stability ball! This one will be a true test of cardio and core!
- Kneeling Hip Flexor with Rotation & Quad Stretch
- This month we also have an entirely new addition to the warmup exercise! In the past we have done kneeling hip flexors with rotation where we simply rotated as much as we could to maximize spinal rotation. This month we will work our quads at the same time by grabbing our back foot while we are rotated, pulling it upward, and stretching out the quad muscles at the same time!