The number one reason that most people are out-of-shape is that they don’t exercise enough, despite virtually everyone having access to a local gym!
It’s definitely not an understatement to say that just simply getting up off the couch and into the local gym is at least half the battle! Sometimes it just takes seeing the overall benefits of exercise to truly appreciate why you need to make that choice and make that commitment!
Over the next three blog posts, Team Afterburn, your local gym, will give you a list of 21 reasons why you should, and in all honestly need to make that commitment to your health and fitness! If at any point you need motivation or encouragement, simply read over this list and the following two later this week and remind yourself of why you make the choice to better yourself!
- You’ll reset your body: Exercise has been described as a giant reset button. A good workout will block appetite swings, improve your mood and even help you sleep.
- Your clothes will fit better: Consistent exercise will tone and tighten your body, causing your clothes to not only fit better but to also look nicer. Also exercise ensures that soon you’ll be trading your clothes in for smaller sizes.
- You’ll be less stressed: You have enough stress in your life – it’s time for a break. A good workout invigorates your muscles, leaving you relaxed and less stressed.
- You’ll have more energy: WebMD tallied research studies and concluded that 90% of them prove exercise increases energy levels in sedentary patients. Next time you feel fatigued, fight it will the most powerful tool available: exercise.
- You’ll be stronger: Exercise improves muscle strength and endurance, two things that you use throughout each day. When you exercise consistently you’ll be pleasantly surprised when difficult tasks begin to seem easy.
- You’ll be less likely to binge: Exercise has a powerful anti-binge effect on the body. This is due in part by an increase in sensitivity to leptin, a protein hormone, which has an appetite-taming effect.
- You’ll burn calories: You know that excess body fat is made up of stored and unused calories. Fight back by burning loads of calories with fat-blasting workouts.
Check back on Wednesday for part two of this blog series and get seven more great reasons to make that choice to better your health and fitness! In the meantime, take a look at the results our members see on a regular basis at www.teamafterburn.com/testimonals, like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/teamafterburn, or better yet, come to the studio and check out a class and sit down to discuss your health and fitness goals ad how you can be part of your local gym!